Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I did it ( almost )


True confessions: This morning while driving t the gym at 5:30 am I noticed my girlfriend on the road walking to the gym. And yes ,thoughts came to my mind to just take one little twist of the wheel and down she would go. Luckily I do have common sense even at 5:30 am and just kept driving. After all, You don't tug on superman's cape. You don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger. And you don't mess around with a girlfriend. She has been my hero and keeps me going to the gym. And even though I am green ( which looks terrible with my new purple hair - which is another story in itself ) she has lost all her weight plus some, she has conquered walking, running, biking and has now added swimming. Darn her. Plus she makes it look so easy. I still struggle and it is a lot of hard work. June marks my half way mark to my goal and if you were to talk to my doctor, I have dropped my cholesterol down from 150 to 100, my good HDl is 44 and my bad LDL was not even measurable so he is extremely happy. My chiropractor said he does not even recognize my back. BUT I am only 1/2 way to the weight I want to lose and it seems as if it will never happen. I am asking for a membership to lifetime for my birthday and plan to mix it up a bit for the summer so no matter however long the road, I plan to stay on it. So move over girlfriend!

1 comment:

mCat said...

And you my dear friend Debbie, that I will love you to the day I die. And thankfully, that wasn't this morning...... : )

Keep at the good work girl, you have much to be proud of!