Friday, March 26, 2010

My favorite Travel story-- water

We were on vacation in St George headed over to see yet another historical monument- again. We were just driving down the road when our car was hit by a spray of water from the huge water sprinklers in the field. It scared us. Rob pulled the car over as we were all drenched. I was laughing so hard I had to get out of the car. It was just so weird as we were all drenched and the car had been drenched outside and inside but the windows were all rolled up. After some closed investigation, we figured out that it was me that had drenched everyone in the car. When the water had hit the car, it had scared me and I was holding a drink and had thrown the drink into the air causing the drink to soak everyone. You had to be there.
So it comes as no surprise to the kids that I have another travel water story:
Rob and I were flying to Alaska for our first cruise. It is an extremely long flight and besides being uncomfortable, I was BORED and my ACDC ( attention deficient )was setting in . I had turned around in my chair and had my knees on the seat looking into the back of the plane.
Again, I have small glass of water in my hands. Then the plane hit a air bump and my water left the glass and landed in the crouch of the gentleman behind me who was fast asleep. He woke up immediately and his eyes were the size of serving platter. It was so funny that just thinking about it right now, makes me giggle. I was laughing so hard that I just landed back in my seat. I could not even explain to Rob what was going on. When he finally understood, he turned around and apologized to the guy. Not only did he have to apologize for the water but for the fact that I was laughing my head off and could not even talk to him. I sat in my chair for the rest of the trip.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What about the flooding of a certain B&B....that's my favorite and I wasn't even there.

Amy said...

Also, I didn't know you liked the heavy metal rock band ACDC....lol(ADHD).

Cam and Shae said...

Oh Amy I'm so glad you sad something about the ACDC! HA HA but even still I think with what she put it would only be ADD:) LOL Debbi I'm sorry I had to show Cam so when he teases you know I said sorry already:)