Friday, March 26, 2010

Favorite Primary Story

I tell this story a lot because it just seems to apply more and more. Our new puppies name is Frodo. I love to name our dogs with names that end in O , so we have had Cleo, Ringo and Rosco. Sadly though, Fordo is called all of them.
So once while teaching my primary class the young girls all claimed they loved me and would remember me forever. It was so sweet but I explained to them that they probably would forget about me and not remember my name but I wanted them to remember that Heavenly Father loved them. They were quick to correct me and promised to never forget me. I had to explain that as a mother, I had problems remembering my own kids names- Matt- Brent- Cam- Colby- who ever you are-- so surely if I do not remember my own kids they would probably not remember me. It has been 15 years and the girls still are my best friends and remember me. I however, do not always get the kids or the dogs name right and now there are issues with the grand kids. It is always a tender moment when Cam quietly reminds me "I'm Cam, mom"

No comments: