Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just one more water story

I guess I forgot about this water story. All of the kids think it is a hoot. I did not.
It was Thanksgiving weekend and Matt's 25th birthday so Grandma Sally and Grandpa Brent had invited us down for Thanksgiving dinner
We booked a room at a bed and breakfast in Moroni.
It was really old and Rob and I were assigned a small room above t he kitchen
the windows were painted shut
the heat was on
and the heat from the kitchen made our room around ninety degrees or hotter
I was dying
so I tried to come up with my own cooler
I turned on the cold water in the shower and hoped it would cool down the room
I feel asleep
some how a rag fell on to the drain and plugged it up
so the shower filled with water, then started on to the floor
all while I was asleep
after an undisclosed amount of time
I woke up and found the flooded bathroom
I turned off the water and cleaned the bathroom floor
but I heard noise down stairs and went to investigate
it was raining in the kitchen and the droplet were making all kinds of noise on the pots, pans, dishes, counter tops and floors
I was trying to clean it up but the more I cleaned
the more it rained
I was drenched
The ceiling was bubbled and I finally decided I need to pop the bubbles
then it was like a flood
there was no place that did not have water
then Rob comes in
it is 5:00 am and he is up early to go to work
I do not remember him saying much
but as he leaves the bed and breakfast he calls each of the boys to go help me in the kitchen
so they all wonder down and have their very own comments
any way there are several of us cleaning when the owners finally wake up and join us in the kitchen
they fix us breakfast and we leave
the boys call it waterfall hotel now
it was not funny but the boys cannot event think about it without laughing
I felt bad there was no much damage
don't let anyone tell you, "it's jsut water, it can't hurt"

No comments: