Thursday, March 10, 2011

Patent pending

I have gotten a new job and had to go get a drug test. This is a new experience for me and I will have to say it was NOT pleasant.
First, it is at insta care and everyone there is sick! I take in my little paper and they let me know that they only have one machine so it will be about a 50 minute wait-- in the sick room.
So I go out to my car to wait out the majority of the time, decide I have time to run to the bank and get some money and then once I have money , I decide I need a burger so I pick one up and return to read my oriental trader catalog.
I am called to the back with the rest of the sickies,, told I have to take off my jacket, leave my purse, wash my hands and then given a small cup to pee in and shown the bathroom. The nurse had no bed side mannners at all. She is not pleasant and I am not pleasant back. There is no shelf in the bathroom. I am not sure how they expect you to wipe and still keep the cup in hand. I make it out and hand her my pee cup, it is extremely humiliating and I hate it. She makes me initial the cup and electronically sign for the pee cup. Then I am free to go.
Surely this is is about as humiliating as you can get. what amazes me more is ho wthey treat you like you are guilty before you even pee.
So I have thought of the Drug testing toilet. When you can just pee on the pot and it goes into the toilet which contains the machine to test for drugs. Kind of like a one stop shop without everyone having to touch the pee cup.
I need to start to look for funding.

No comments: