Saturday, March 26, 2011

Battle Los Angeles

Rob and I are not big movies attenders. It just got to be too disappointing. The movies are too much money, the seats are uncomfortable, the standards of other attenders below par, we down too much overly buttered popcorn and the movies suck. We like Comcast on demand. At home in our own little room, our own uninterrupted space, all we can eat and drink, we can move around and if we fall asleep, we can start it all over again today or tomorrow. Colby and Heather had given us a movie pass and so yesterday at work when it was suggested we see Battle Los Angeles, we went. I was not disappointed. I have been reading about WWII because of my grandpa and what I imagine was displayed on the screen. There was no nudity, no heavy duty blood scenes, no nutcase to make you feel uneasy, and they did not focus on the aliens. It was about people and the decisions they make and why. It was about being more than yourself. It was about the Marines and if you did not already love these young men and women who are out there fighting for us, after watching the movies, you will.
I do not think I have what it takes and I am not sure I ever did. I am grateful for those who choose to serve and defend our country and freedom.
Maybe in our own way, we are all fighting some type of war and their motto rings true to my heart.
Retreat- Hell!

1 comment:

mCat said...

Yay for your review. Corb saw it and loved the link to the Marine's. He says the Marine's who fought in WWII particularly in the Pacific were the baddest A's ever! They epitomize the core of being a Marine.

THis is SO on my list to see!

And you are so right. We are all fighting our own battles. NO RETREAT!