Wednesday, March 2, 2011

One year anniversary

It has been one year since the fire/ repair and we moved back into our house. I would have to say it has not been an easy one and we have not come very far. But we are finally getting back to our lives. Losing the sale of our home was not that bad and really we did not lose any personal items in the fire so that was good. Three months plus in a hotel was okay. But we were depressed and had lost all confidence in ourselves and could not find it, as we faced one trial after another. I lost my job. My grandmother passed away. There are always family issues that do not allow the heart to heal. And even though we kept our personal circles small and did not venture out much, it seems there was not much good happening around us. I got a job but neither of us were happy at work. It was one tough year. And I didn't realize how bad it was till Thanksgiving when the kids made dinner here at the house and I had no cornstarch. It was the straw the broke the camels back. We decided to pull back together.
I have a new job, Rob is looking for a job, we have made new commitments to ourselves and others. We want 2011 to be better. We want to be better and we are the only ones who can make it happen.
We lost one year of our lives. I do not know where it went but that is going to change and this year hopefully will be the one that will be unforgettable.
I thank my lord, my brother Jesus and my wonderful husband for getting me through it. Without them--- who would care and want to even go on.

1 comment:

mCat said...

2011 IS going to be better. It has to be. : )

xoxox