Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Like father like son

Or the story of how the DeWitt men have a flame for the Craner Women.
My daughter in laws have asked me to write this done so we never forget.

It is summer at Strawberry Reservoir in the mid 70's. Our family has a trailer there and the family has gone up for the weekend to go fishing. There are the married couples Steven and Cathy, Rob and I, Dianna and John and the rest of mom and dad's kids. The trailer cannot hold everyone so the girls sleep inside and the guys sleep outside.
I started out on the bottom bunk but for some reason we all switch beds during the night.
Early the next morning the guys get up to go fishing. Rob sneaks into the trailer and says good bye, even though he thinks I am acting funny , he plants a great big kiss on the lips , as I bend out the top bunk and ask " what are you doing"?
What is he doing? He is kissing my sister in law Cathy with a great big fat juicy one! I was laughing so hard I fell off the bunk!

Years later as we have all grown and have kids of our own.

Colby is on Internet chatting it up and hooking up with friends and new chicks.
He gets a hot one on the line. She is local, sounds funny, they have a lot in common. As the conversation proceeds, Colby thinks he has a real HOT one. A little bit more conversation and he finds out the hot chick he has been eyeing happens to be his cousin Marian ( Cathy's daughter) He ends the conversation.

It is so nice to have such a close family.

No comments: