Monday, January 30, 2012

Two Sisters

My baby sister Dianna and I have spend our whole lives together. I do not remember a time when she was not there by my side. And as my Father has pointed out, we do everything together.
While growing up we were inseparable.
We were married months apart.
Had our first child weeks apart.
And now have lost our husbands within the same year.
When Loren passed away I was able to be there for her during the first days but had prior work plans that made it so I missed the funeral. My sister has been away on prior plans during Rob's passing and will miss the funeral but I am so looking forward to her returning home soon to be with me. She may not be here physically for the funeral but I see and feel her every day. She is in my heart.

As much as we are the same, we are so different.

Loren passed away quickly and it was a shock.
Rob passed away slowly and we had time to plan and prepare.
I look at the two circumstances and wonder why.

I keep thinking back to when my grandma passed away. My grandpa gave me grandma's ring and Dianna grandma's necklace. Dianna and I were talking one day and she said she wanted to make the necklace into a ring and I said I wanted to make my ring into a necklace. We both just laughed. I have kept my ring and wear it every day.

You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
I beleive in my heart, we were given these two similiar trials because it is what is right for us. So much the same, so different and so grateful to have each other.

love you sis

No comments: