Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lava Hot Springs

I bought a water camera to take with me to lava hot springs so I could have pictures to blog with. After getting them developed on a cd and finally loaded to my computer, I cannot find them to post. Not that they are all that great. It is hard to take a great picture when you have dumped yourself in the river and are trying to survive but I want to show that they have done an excellent job of not making any improvements to the location since 1940. Yes, Lava hots springs is a dump and certainly the idea has been replaced by hot tubs and spas in your home.
Still we had a great time with Cam, Shae, Kyler and Kinley. Kinley had a rough Sunday night and kept her parent up all night. With them tired and Kinley tired, it made Monday for Cam a bit overwhelming . Rob and I just watch and laughed. It is a great time to see your children understand something about what they parents went through. I still use the old 4 boys times 30 years and as the grand kids get older I think the kids have a greater appreciation of what we as parents have been saying all the time, it is hard to be a parent.
Any way-- thanks Kyler for riding up and back with us and for riding down the river with grandma and for forgiving her for dumping you into the lake. You are very brave.

No comments: