Sunday, April 8, 2012

Explain to me how this happens

We had a wonderful time at the Zermatt. We arrived Friday afternoom, checked in, walked the gounds. Ambree had a map of the property and a list of things she wanted to do. We had time before dinner so we did a little shopping, stopped by to look at the crater and then I showed Hunter the tree hit by lightning. The Friday night seafood buffet was unbelievable delishous, although a bit pricy. Then we went swimming till late, back to grandma's room for room services and TV.
The next morning 9:00 came too early, pancake breakfast with Kyler, Kinley and Shae was just right, no ordering, and they had chocolate chip pancakes , blueberry pancake and hot chocolate. Head down starts to color eggs and then had a little time before the easter egg hunt so we went shopping again. Bought a few things! Then back for the hunt in absolutely beautiful weather. We had bags and baskets mixed with coats that we did not need. Everyone got a basket full of eggs. After the hunt it was off to our free carousel ride and time to check out.

We are parked out front ready to go. I am looking for my purse to tip the bellhop. I cannot find it in all the mess. Then my phone rings and I answer it. It is Holly. Her brother is at the Zermatt and has my wallet. I call him and we both walk 20 feet and meet at the carousel.

I guess while we were shuffling all the eggs, coats, baskets and purses, my wallet dropped in the dark ground cover. My wallet is black and was not noticed. A young boy still out from the egg hunt finds it and walks up to a perfect stranger and asks him to turn it into the office. The stranger was Hollys brother. He opens the wallet to see if there is a number to contact the owner as everyone is leaving as the hunt is over. He immediately recognizes Robert Dewitt, calls Holly, who calls me and Viola the missng wallet is return.

Now here is another wierd thing. The last time we were at the Zermatt, while we were parked out front ready to leave, I also found someone wallet and had to return it.

How do these things happen. It is a small world.

No comments: