Friday, January 8, 2010

My favorite Rachelle Story

After having my forth boy, it became apparent that I was not going to get any girls so my Beautiful niece became the daughter and although most of the time she wanted boy toys like race tracks, scooter and such, I was able to sneak some girl stuff in there for her. One of those things was my wedding dress. I had worn it. My friends are worn it and after the last possible user, I did not want to pay $100.00 to get it clean so I passed it on to her.
She loved it
Then that Christmas Ric called early that morning pledging for me to talk to Rachie. It would seem she wanted to wear the wedding dress to my parents house for Christmas day. Of course, my first response was -- Why not? Sadly, I could not support him as it seemed perfectly okay to me that a 3 or 4 year old would want to wear the wedding dress. Ric must have done some fast talking as she did not wear it but I hear later on that the dress was in the car. I think Ric told she could change and hoped that once she got there she would forget. She did but I still love the child who would have wanted to wear it !
Ric apartment caught on fire a few years later and the wedding dress was one of the few survivors.

No comments: