Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's a trade



Our home October 2009


Our home November 2009
After 25 years we are moving. This home in West Jordan has been more than we could ever imagine but now that our kids are gone, it is the first time in 35 years, where Rob and I can do some thing wild and crazy and to think about what we want. If you know anything about us , then you know property is important and we cannot get enough. This 5 plus acres home is a great start. We both love animals and this will allow Rob to keep his birds and for me to have turkeys, quail, chickens, ducks , burro or anything else I can adopt and bring home . We both love the out doors and like the rugged frontier - which now we have plenty. I do plan to start planting grandpa's red hot pokers as soon as I move in. We have both know for a while we were suppose to move on . At first, I fought it and once I gave in and said " thy will be done" Everything has fallen into place. It took too long to get the House on the market as I knew we should have gotten it on the market August . But the first of September we were for sale. We have made many lookers and 2 people put up their house for sale to buy our house. I refused to sign with an agent and I knew we would sell by October 31 and we did. I had always knew it would happen,but a few weeks back I suggested to Rob that we get the cement fixed and he said, nope our house will be sold in October. So we both knew.
We have been drawn not only to Herriman but a specific subdivision and road. One agent had 2 of the 3 homes we were looking at so we were talking to her often. Obviously she knew the homes we were looking at and our home and even though Rob suggested it the first time we meet her, she finally approached the owners to trade with us and after seeing our house two times in 4 days -- they agreed
So a trade it is
and we are schedule to close and move the week of Festival
Now if that is not a leap of Faith-- I do not know what is
please the $6500 tax credit is scheduled to be approved the day we close-- sweet!
there is no doubt about some one else having a hand in the process
we are just on for the ride and can hardly wait for it to get started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

mCat said...

I don'y know what to say! I knew this was coming but now.......
crap. I have only a month to adjust to the idea.....

But I AM happy for you. You deserve it all and more. Your new neighbors are the luckiest people in the whole world

Anonymous said...

Is that a picture of your new house/cabin??? YAY! We did the leap of faith thing too, as you know. YOU won't regret it!! Keep us updated! Love yoU!