Monday, August 18, 2008

Somethings never change



Every Sunday the kids come for dinner and as part of the ritual I clean the house before they come. I can usually talk myself out of cleaning t he windows on the doors because they just get hand prints on the them anyway. Well ,if you don't clean the windows for company, you never clean them for yourself ,so last week I clean all the windows and doors. It seemed it had been weeks since I had seen an hand print. As Hunter arrived and was walking up to the door -- wham- big hand print right on the window. I had to laugh. Well the next day, I went swim and then headed over r to my grandma's house. Because I swim so much I use lotions and oils on my skin so I am usually slippery. Grandma sits in her front room and watches out her glass door all day. She was sitting there when I arrived. We talked and I went out to work when she noticed there was a huge smear across her glass door. For a minute, we did not know where it came from. Then upon closer examination -- it was my arm print-- matched exactly. I had place my oiled arm right on the window and it had left a tell all print. We were both laugh as it seems you are never too old to leave prints on your grandma's glass doors. So the moral of the story is that grand kids do grow up and they just leave bigger marks for grandma's to clean up.

No comments: