Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Christmas lesson

It was many years ago, I worked at ZCMI and it was Christmas. All Colby wanted was a some new game player machine. I do not remember which one. We already had three but this was the newest, best one out. I did not want to buy it for him but had no idea what else to get him. He was telling everyone how bad he wanted it. It was a week before Christmas and I finally went to Rob, who is not the best present shopper, and asked what I should do.
His advise, " well you can buy him the game player and he can remember this as the best Christmas ever or you cannot buy the game player and he will remember it always as the year he did not get what he wanted.
Well that was a no brainier, not only did he get the game, he got the gun , control, and anything else I could find on the shelf.
That Christmas morning he was extremely happy. When we went to my moms and his grandma asked him what he got for Christmas, his huge smile said it all. Yes this would be the Christmas he would remember.

No comments: